Last week, Microsoft released the Xbox One April update, also known as version 2004. Even though the company didn’t make a formal announcement, it’s particularly notable because it’s one of two semi-annual updates that align with Windows 10. The rest of the monthly updates are minor builds.
One of those is Xbox One version 2006, which Xbox Insiders on the Skip ahead subset of the Preview Alpha ring can test out starting today. As for that’s new, well, there’s nothing in the changelog about that. It only talks about a single fix for local languages, and some known issues.
Of course, it’s worth being aware of the known issues, since you’ll want to make an informed decision on whether to install this build. Here’s what’s broken:
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Some users have reported that their clips are not recording the full length requested. This is being reported for 4K clips and non-4K clips. We are aware and investigating.
- Some users are reporting that they are not seeing Gamerpics or Profile information in the Friends tab. We are aware of the issue and investigating.
- We’ve received reports that the Friends tab is not showing the correct status of online/offline friends.
My Games & Apps
- Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
- Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
- Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Those on the Preview Alpha and Preview Beta rings are currently testing out version 2005, which should ship in May. Once that happens, we’ll likely hear more about what’s actually coming in version 2006.