Patch My PC can check your system against the current version of Adobe Reader/Acrobat/Flash, Mozilla Firefox, and many many more applications. Once you run Patch My PC, it will only show you a list of supported software and then let you know the status. By the way, the app is portable, so no installation is required. Green means it´s okay; red means it needs updating, and black means it´s not installed.
Patch My PC has a simple, easy to use interface from here with apps broken into categories on the left, app update summary on the right along with options, startup, uninstaller, and even a scheduler. The very top of the screen lists a simple overview of apps to install, up to date, and even Windows Updates. The installation of outdated software is done silently and smoothly as could be. Patch My PC does have a setting for not performing the default silent install so you can have more control over the process if you like. These points are handy for someone who does not use desktop icons, start menu shortcuts, startup, or other custom install options as any installation performed silently will update your software with the default settings.
Check out the video below.
Patch My PC Free features:
- Easy to use User Interface
- Outdated software will show in Red
- Up to date will show in Green
- Patches many common third party products Reader, Flash, Java, Quicktime and More
- Portable and very small
- Offers optional software updates you can include in the update process
- Scan and install needed Windows updates
- Quickly uninstall multiple programs
- Enable or disable startup programs
Patch My PC Updater 18.104.22.168 changelog:
Fixed detection issues that may occur for:
- Auslogics Disk Defrag
- EditPad Lite
- Updated SumatraPDF silent switch from “/S” to “-install /S”
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts for some applications may not be deleted
Removed the following discontinued/incompatible applications:
- Cybereason Ransomfree
- Java JRE 10
- Wise Driver Care