Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre’s features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 5.19.0 new features:
- E-book viewer: Add a preference under Scrolling behavior to reverse the tap zones used to turn pages. So tapping on the left goes forward and the right backward
- E-book viewer: Fix regression in 5.15 that caused incorrect display of font sizes that contain a period and use absolute units. Closes tickets: 1929862
- PDF Output: Fix font kerning issues with some TrueType fonts. Closes tickets: 1929240
- Edit book: Fix a regression in 5.18 that broke editing/creating saved searches. Closes tickets: 1929267
- Windows: Fix for standalone ToC Editor not working on systems where Qt WebEngine causes a crash at exit. Closes tickets: 1919025
- Windows MTP driver: When scanning an MTP device such as an Android phone ignore folders that Windows fails to enumerate instead of failing with an error
- ToC Editor: Fix a regression that broke choosing split points in some XHTML files
- PDB Input: Fix a regression in calibre 5 that broke processing some plucker format PDB files. Closes tickets: 1929465
- Edit book: Fix sorting in spell check dialog on language broken for books that have unknown languages
- Annotations browser: Fix a typo that broke sorting for highlights
- Annotations browser: When showing a highlight preserve paragraph boundaries for multi-paragraph highlights. Closes tickets: 1909730
- Viewer highlights panel: Fix the “Edit notes” link not saving the changes
- E-book viewer: When using a right click/shift-click to adjust the selection, move the section boundary that is closer to the click point. Closes tickets: 1929164
Download: Calibre 5.19.0 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 5.19.0 for MacOS | 142.0 MB
Download: Calibre 5.19.0 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware