Media Player Classic – Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is a free and open-source video and audio player for Windows. MPC-HC is based on the original Guliverkli project and contains many additional features and bug fixes. MPC-HC isn’t flashy but it works with nearly any media format. MPC-HC uses DXVA technology to pass decoding operations to your modern video card, enhancing your viewing experience. And MPC-HC supports both physical and software DVDs with menus, chapter navigation, and subtitles.
This is an unofficial build. It is based on the latest source code of the official project, plus several additional fixes and improvements. And most importantly, it includes the very latest version of LAV Filters!
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs. It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4. MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.
Media Player Classic – Home Cinema 1.9.13 fixes:
- Fixed bug that could result in very low quality subtitles in certain situations. [regression in 1.9.12]
- Fixed video display issue when moving the player to a larger resolution monitor. [regression in 1.9.12]
- Fixed “launch in fullscreen” option not working when D3D fullscreen exclusive mode was enabled.
- Fixed issue where a chosen audio dub was not loaded when opening a video through the File menu.
- Fixed a rare player freeze when manually loading subtitles. Could happen on very old systems if subpicture texture allocation failed.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware