Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log into accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on XMPP and sitting in an IRC channel at the same time.
Pidgin is compatible with the following chat networks out of the box: Jabber/XMPP, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, and Zephyr. It can support many more with plugins.
Pidgin supports many features of these chat networks, such as file transfers, away messages, buddy icons, custom smilies, and typing notifications. Numerous plugins also extend Pidgin’s functionality above and beyond the standard features.
Pidgin 2.14.7 release notes:
Notice for Windows users – We are aware of an issue with the installer failing to download the dictionaries used for spellchecking. We are currently working on a fix and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.
- Fix leak in purple_markup_find_tag on error. (OSS-Fuzz 35816 ) (Review 924) (Elliott Sales de Andrade)
- Fix an issue where the XMPP utility tests would fail if libidn was disabled. (Review 922) (Gary Kramlich)
- Fix an assert in purple_markup_html_to_xhtml (OSS-Fuzz 35029 ) (Review 921) (Elliott Sales de Andrade)
- Fix building on Haiku (Review 916) (Haiku Ports Team)
- Correctly free parse tags at end of purple_html_to_xhtml (OSS-Fuzz 34996 ) (Review 913) (Elliott Sales de Andrade)
- Fix leak that may occur when xmlnode_from_str fails (OSS-Fuzz 34988 ) (Review 911) (Elliott Sales de Andrade)
- Cleanup, standardize and create starting corpora for all of the fuzzers. (Review 920) (Gary Kramlich)
- Port purple_str_to_time to use a regular expression and add additional unit tests for it. (Review 923) (Gary Kramlich)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware