Run programs in a sandbox to prevent malware from making permanent changes to your PC.
Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later.
Sandboxie is a sandbox-based isolation software for 32- and 64-bit Windows NT-based operating systems. It is being developed by David Xanatos since it became open source, before that it was developed by Sophos (which acquired it from Invincea, which acquired it earlier from the original author Ronen Tzur). It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment in which applications can be run or installed without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie is available in two flavors Plus and Classic. Both have the same core components, this means they have the same level of security and compatibility. What’s different is the user interface the Plus build has a modern Qt based UI which supports all new features that have been added since the project went open source. The Classic build has the old no longer developed MFC based UI, hence it lacks support for modern features, these features can however still be used when manually configured in the Sandboxie.ini.
Sandboxie Plus / Classic changelog:
- added ability to save trace log to file on Plus UI
- added French language on Plus UI (by clexanis) #1155
- network traffic trace is now properly logged to the driver log instead of to the kernel debug log
- Plus installer will autostart SandMan.exe after install to fix a taskbar icon issue #3040211
- Classic installer will show the license agreement when updating #1187
- fixed template sections not showing in editor #1287
- fixed issue with app ID resulting in some apps showing two button groups in the taskbar #1101
- fixed issue with maximum ini value length on Plus UI #1293
- fixed issue handling an empty Sandboxie.ini that got introduced recently #1292
- fixed issue with “SpecialImages” template (by Coverlin) #1288 #1289
- fixed issue with box emptying #1296
- fixed issues wich some languages #1304
- fixed issue with mounted directories #1302
- added missing translation for qt libraries #1305
- fixed issue with Windows compatibility assistant #1265
- fixed issue with process image specific settings #1307
Download: Sandboxie Plus 0.9.8b (64-bit) | Sandboxie Plus 0.9.8b (32-bit) ~15.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Sandboxie 5.53.1 Classic (64-bit) | Sandboxie 5.53.1 Classic (32-bit) ~2.0 MB
View: Sandboxie Website | Sandboxie Plus Home Page | GitHub
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware