AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.
What’s new in AIMP 5.11 Build 2421:
- Audio converter: support for QAAC64 command line encoder
- Player: internet-radio – support for JSON-based metadata
- Player: internet radio – support for streams with 24 bit per sample or above
- Playlist: support for “comment” tag field
- Music library: an ability to group items in table by parent folder (use filename column for that)
- General: the WavPack codec has been updated to v5.6
- General: support for surrogate characters in utf8-stream
- Skin engine: memory consumption that required for text rendering reduced at 33%
- Fixed: player – chapters in QuickTime format (MP4) cannot be read by 64-bit app version
- Fixed: player – the “previous/next track” commands will be ignored if it called while next track is pre-loading
- Fixed: playlist – Linux – items reordering via drag-n-drop does not work
- Fixed: music library – find missplaced files – search button is inactive until you select at least one entry
- Fixed: music library – an error occurs on attempt to start bookmark playback if bookmark source and playing playlists are unavailable
- Fixed: scheduler – the “suspend playback on end of file” command conflicts with the “add pause between tracks” option
- Fixed: plugins – scrobbler – artist field has no link
Download: AIMP 64-bit | AIMP 32-bit ~20.0 MB (Freeware)
View: AIMP Website
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware