AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.
What’s new in AIMP 5.11 Build 2426:
- Tag Editor: option to remove ID3v1 tag forcely
- Plugins: WebLyrics – support for LRC-encoded lyrics
- General: lithuanian localization has been added
- General: the FLAC codec has been updated to v1.4.2
- General: the TAK codec has been updated to v2.3.3
- Sound engine: an ability to pause internet radio
- Playlist: an ability to clone items via drag-n-drop holding the Ctrl keystroke
- Fixed: player – does not jump to next URL in playlist, if station stops broadcasting while app is playing
- Fixed: player – another find lyrics options has no effect, if the “find in file tags” option is switched off and file contains lyrics in tags
- Fixed: player – an error occurs when trying to preview album art that fetched via URL that length more 256 characters
- Fixed: playlist – XSPF – url-encoded remote links resolves incorrectly
- Fixed: skin engine – Linux – maximized window does not fit to edges work area
- Fixed: tag editor – pink color of album art doesn’t turn gray when uncheck the field’s option
- Fixed: plugins – BASS_WV (64-bit) – causes the application to crash when decoding some files
- Fixed: plugins – FFmpeg – unable to decode audio stream in MP3 (mp3float) from MP4-container
- Fixed: plugins – scheduler – the “return to previous playlist” option does not work (regression 2417)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware