The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite. Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
SeaMonkey 2.53.16 changelog:
- No throbber in plaintext editor bug 85498.
- Remove unused gridlines class from EdAdvancedEdit bug 1806632.
- Remove ESR 91 links from debugQA bug 1804534.
- Rename devtools/shim to devtools/startup bug 1812367.
- Remove unused seltype=text|cell css bug 1806653.
- Implement new shared tree styling bug 1807802.
- Use `win.focus()` in macWindowMenu.js bug 1807817.
- Remove WCAP provider bug 1579020.
- Remove ftp/file tree view support bug 1239239.
- Change calendar list tree to a list bug 1561530.
- Various other updates to the calendar code.
- Continue the switch from Python 2 to Python 3 in the build system.
- Verified compatibility with Rust 1.66.1. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware